I started on the crankcase. 

  Two billets of aluminium were bored out, bolted together and spigoted to an adaptor plate which in turn was spigoted to a Myford face plate. 

  The fixture was then easily transferable between the lathe and the mill, the dividing head having a Myford spindle nose.
  No drawing was made of this piece. After being calculated dimensions were marked on suitable diagrams or even on photographs copied from the manual. 

  As each dimension was considered it was important to recognise all the consequences it would have. 

  There are nine almost identical facets on the crankcase so it is not as complicated to make as it first appears to be.

                                                 Next page   -  The Front Cover

                                  The Crankcase

The front and rear of the piece were then bored to receive the main crankshaft bearings. The front end of the crankcase also spigots and bolts to the adaptor plate allowing reversal while ensuring concentricity. I learned this technique on the Bentley. 

The small rotary table could manage this light work but a larger one was going to be needed so I soon bought an eight inch Elliot which came with dividing plates as an option.